Add new permission groups and edit existing groups. Permission groups allow employees to access the system and are organized according to Pinnacle sections: Data Collection, Experience, Forms, Reports, Employees and Administration. Employees can be added to groups according to: employee positions, individual employee names or combinations of both.
Note: It is recommended that permission groups be created early in the set up process. Employees will not be able to access Pinnacle unless they have been added to a permission group. Permission groups are connected to employee teams and positions. It is recommended, but not required, to create employee teams and positions before creating permission groups.
Access the Administration section from the Pinnacle menu.
- Click Permission Group tab.
- Click Add Group button. The new permission group page displays.
- Enter group Group Name* and Description.
- *Denotes required field.
- Organize permission groups by Positions and Employees.
- Positions and Employees can be added to the same group.
- The permission groups hierarchy tree is structured according to the Pinnacle sections and employee team connections.
- Sections: Data Collection, Experience, Forms, Employees, Administration and Reports
- Employee Team Connections: Direct Report, Manager, Supervisee, Supervisor
- Indirect Employee Connections:
- Global - all employees in the organization.
- Indirect Reports - employees assigned to the user's direct reports but who are not assigned to the user as a direct report.
- Click Save button.
- Group displays on Permission Groups page.
- Click Edit link from the Actions menu icon or click directly on permission group name.
- The Permission Group information page displays.
- Make desired edits to: Group Name, Permission settings, Description, Positions and Employees.
- Click Save button to save changes. Click Cancel button to cancel changes.
Note: Permission groups can be deleted but access to Pinnacle for employees in the group may be affected. The Administrators group cannot be deleted because it is built into the system and serves as the default permission group for organizations.
- Click Delete link from the Actions menu icon .
- Modal display to confirm deleting the permission group is the desired action.
- Click Yes to delete group
- Click No to cancel the delete group action.